Pressure Washer Cleaning Tips:
Depending on what you’re cleaning, each application has its own specific procedure. Here are some general things to remember:
- Always use the right nozzle. Using a nozzle that concentrates too much power can harm some surfaces, especially wood.
- Use a chemical recommended by the manufacturer. Most manufacturers have detergents and waxes approved for use in their equipment. Different formulas are available for houses, decks, degreasing, and car washing/waxing.
- Cleaning a house is best done from ground level, rather than on a ladder. Use accessories such as spray arm extensions and brushes for this type of project.
- Cleaning results vary based on:
- Whether or not you use detergent.
- How far you are from the surface being cleaned.
- How high the water pressure is.
- How wide you set the spray angle.
- What the air temperature is.
- Whether your using a hot or a cold water machine.